Rather Eventful Day!

1. It rained, hailed, and snowed.
2. I won that essay contest and an Ipod which I'll probably give to my brother. Maybe. If he's nice to me.
3. We found a kitten. :) Then we brought it to the SPCA.

My mother apparently heard some meowing at around 8 am this morning but couldn't figure out where it was coming from.

I didn't know about this until I came home from school at around 3:30 pm. I heard the meowing and my mum told me it's been all day. We thought it was coming from the tree/shrub in front of our house. I looked at the the tree and under the tree, around the house. Eventually my mum thought it might be coming from one of the holes the marmots dug up.

The opening is in the soil and goes into the cement underneath my driveway. My dad had put a bunch of huge rocks and small iron anvil on top to block it from the marmots a few summers ago(they kept coming out to eat the flowers in the garden). So my mum lifts out the the rocks and the anvil and the meowing stops.

She goes into the house to get a flashlight and tells my brother and I to stay outside just in case. I squat down and watch. A seconds later the meowing starts up again and we look around the tree and my brother and I concluded that my mother must be right and the sound is coming from the hole. We wait a bit and I see a paw. A really tiny paw. I move in for a closer look and the paw retreats back into the hole and we hear more meowing. My mother is still in the house looking for a flashlight. Eventually the paws come out, then a little kitten head and the whole kitten is out. It was shivering and wet. It jumped onto the cement towards me. I'm allergic to cats so I was a little cautious about petting it and holding it so I let it huddle beside me.

My brother runs in to call my mum and my sister comes out to see what's going on. I tell her to quickly grab a towel. The poor kitty doesn't know what's going on and see my dog and slowly tries to crawl away so I grabbed the poor kitty and brought it into the house into my sisters arm with the towel.

I guess the kitten wasn't a stray and someone must've lost it since it wasn't even afraid of me. I thought it would have bit or scratched me when lifted it off from the wet cement. All my siblings and I are allergic to cats and my siblings have asthma so we couldn't keep it. It was adorable though.

I fed the kitten some warm milk and let it play with my dog's toys (he's a very small dog but seemed huge in comparison to the kitty) until my dad got home.

Kitty is trying to crawl out of the plastic tub.

My sister holding the kitty while it licks itself. :)


4. There was a bomb threat and our downtown area was closed off. http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/17879164.html

0 comments: